Social media management is a great way to engage your audience, and it’s easy to find inspiration for content. There are countless ways to engage people online, but here are my top five tips for creating engaging content:
Inspiring content is a great way to bring your brand to life. Sharing photos that inspire you is a simple and effective way to show off your personality while staying on topic. This can be done by sharing any kind of inspirational quote, video or photo from celebrities or influencers, or even just from friends who are able to make you feel better after a bad day at work.
After all, social media is about sharing things we love with our friends and family—and it’s no different when we’re doing it for our businesses!
- Lists are easy to read.
- Lists are easy to share.
- Lists are easy to digest and remember (compared with a long article or blog post).
- They’re easy to follow, because they’re made up of bullet points that you can use as a guide while skimming through your feed.
- Search engines love them, because they can easily find keywords in the list items without having to parse any paragraph structure first.
Behind the Scenes
Behind the scenes content is a great way to show your audience what goes on behind the scenes. It’s also a great way to share your personality, because you are showing them how funny or quirky you are. If you’re running a business, behind the scenes content is a great way to give people a glimpse of what it’s like to work for your company and why they should choose yours over any other.
Show Your Passion
Show your passion.
This is important in all areas of your life, but particularly when it comes to social media. When you’re passionate about what you do and who you are, people can see that through your posts. It can be as simple as posting a picture of something that excites you or sharing a quote that resonates with your audience.
If there’s anything I can learn from my favorite social media accounts, it’s this: show me what makes YOU excited!
Ask for Opinions
- Ask for opinions.
- Ask for feedback.
- Ask for suggestions or tips on how to improve your business or product, and share them with other followers who can be inspired by your example!
Humour is a great way to engage your audience. It can be used to make a point, or it can be used to make a point about a serious topic in a light-hearted way. Here are some examples:
- A customer service representative tells you that the problems with your computer are due to an “old operating system” and that he or she will send one over right away. An hour later, you receive an email with the attachment: oldoperatingsystem.zip
The internet loves photos and videos, so social media is a great place to share them.
Photos and videos are the most popular content on social media. They’re easy to share, you can use them to inspire people and show your passion for what you do. You can also use photos/videos as a way for people to express their opinion about something—whether it’s a product or service, or even just an idea.
We hope these ideas have given you some inspiration for what kind of content you can create for your social media channels. Be sure to check out our other blog posts for more tips on how to make your content pop, as well as how to use social media as an effective marketing tool!